MEYER MINUTES

Welcome to the Meyer Minutes!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Celebrating 17 Years with my wonderful husband.

I can't believe it's been 17 years!
I met Michael 17 and a half years ago. I had a long time boyfriend from high school and we broke up. Of course I thought it was the end of the world. (I was only 19...you remember those days, right?) My friend at work said "You are going to go out with this guy that my boyfriend works with."
Michael calls me on the phone, we had never met, but his friend said I was a brunette and I guess Michael liked brunettes. Our first blind date was on July 4, 1991. My friends laughed at us because we were already holding hands on our first date. Michael actually went home that night and told his parents that he met a girl.....and she was the one. He knew he was going to ask me to marry him. (I'm sure his parents were surprised!! As was his sister whom he talked to all the time and this was the first she had heard of me.----that's because we just met!)
So our first date was July 4, 1991. He asked me to marry him on August 16, 1991 just 1 month after we met. We were married 6 months later on February 15, 1992!
I have to say each year just keeps getting better and better. I thank God for him everyday. Michael is truely an amazing husband who continues to want to make me happy on a daily basis, is a wonderful Dad and the best friend I could ever ask for. Because of him I have 4 beautiful blessings and can honestly say "I live a blessed life."
Here's to many more years!

1 comment:

Heather said...

So sweet! Happy Anniversary! Hope y'all had a fun date!

RSS FEED