MEYER MINUTES

Welcome to the Meyer Minutes!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Catching up on the Meyer Boys

Brandon has completed his first attempt at playing football on a team at Indian Springs Middle School. I think he had fun! He said he wanted to try out again in 8th grade. Now he is on to Cross Country. For a kid who has asthma, he is doing really well. He was on the B team and came in 4oth place out of 200. They only gave ribbons to the top 40. His time for that track meet bumped him up to the A Team during his 2nd meet and he came in 30th. (his goal was 39th place....how funny is that?) The weather has been horrible so meets keep getting cancelled and they don't make them up. It's kind of sad because he has been training so hard everyday at school. But at least he'll be in great shape for Rec Soccer starting soon. After Cross Country will be Track then Soccer at school. It's fun to watch him. He surprises me all the time!

The Elementary School had Drug Awareness Week so it was Crazy Hat Day. For anyone who has young kids, start collecting hats and keep them in a clearly marked container so you can have access to them when you actually need them. Brandon decided to get in the mix with this cardboard contraption his Grandpa had to have while he was in Missouri. It's a hat here but usually I stick a glass vase in it that holds pens in my craft room. I can't believe Grandpa paid $5 bucks for that thing!

Then before Christmas Break Brett and Sean had PJ Day! So I couldn't resist buying new pajamas because we all know the ones you really wear are ratty, old and don't match.

We had Rodeo Day January 28th! (Again...if you have Elementary kids put those hats away in a safe place. I swear I keep buying Cowboy Hats every year.)
100th Day of School - February 9, 2010 Sean trying to look old. I stuffed his shirt with quilt batting and poured baby powder on his head. I said he looked like an old Japanese Professor. Then after school when I went to watch Brett in his 100th day parade I was able to snap a picture of him with his 1st grade teacher Mrs. Linenberger! She looked good dressed as an old lady!
And YES...I recycled Sean's 100th Day poster from last year! (take a look...and yes I'll do the same for 50's day and I did the Candy Cane Valentine's Day Hearts again this year!) I say if the project is not for a grade, then you can reuse it. 1. I taught Brett that recycling was good. 2. It taught Brett how to save money and not waste things when you have something you can use and 3. he did have to glue some wiggly eyes back on to the board so he did have a hand in the project....THAT'S MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT.
Besides....look how cute he looks in his 100 glasses he made! Just looking at his cute little face makes me want to kiss him. (you know the girls just love him!)---But you have to click on his picture and check out his HAT! (it's upside down....and he was suppose to be 100 days smarter : )

No comments:

RSS FEED